The artist known as the guy who draws "QlownTown"

Sometimes this blog relates to the comic strip; more often, it's about whatever strikes my fancy on a given day. I do the strip daily, but only write the blog when I have something to say. Check out www.qlowntown.com or www.cafepress.com/qlowntown!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Snow


The weather here in New Hampshire has been overcast, snowy and cold the last few days--and I love it. Sunniness is nicer, and that's what we have today, but the overcast days brought what may be the most beautiful blanket of snow I've ever seen in 23 years in this house. I took a bunch of pictures, and will probably use them as a slide show for my monitor this summer, when the temperature and humidity are high.

I truly believe there is no one "right" place to live. There are people who love warmth all year long and don't mind humid summers; people who want a wide variety of seasonal changes; others who want tropical temps all year long; some who like the desert in winter and tolerate it perfectly well all summer. I can't stand high heat, for example, and if the humidity is low, it makes little difference: my body can generate plenty of humidity on its own in the form of sweat, thank you. But I know desert denizens who don't mind the heat as long as it's dry. Since we can't all fit in one region, it's good that there are differences of opinion on where to live.


And then there is the magic of travel. I can visit Florida when it's warm but dry down there and it's cold in New England. I can go to Arizona in the winter months, when things are still growing but the godawful heat hasn't begun. Sunbelters can go skiing in high elevations and/or Northern climes. I wouldn't mind being on a beach on the Riviera right now; but since I can't be, I'll take what I see out my windows. And these were taken when it was still overcast. You should see this is the sun. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment