The artist known as the guy who draws "QlownTown"

Sometimes this blog relates to the comic strip; more often, it's about whatever strikes my fancy on a given day. I do the strip daily, but only write the blog when I have something to say. Check out www.qlowntown.com or www.cafepress.com/qlowntown!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Facebook hookup

Today, Facebook finally let me attach my blog to my Facebook page. I tried it before Christmas, but for some reason, Facebook wouldn't let me add the link. Sometimes I love Facebook, but at times like that, I hate it. And I just wrote Facebook four times in three sentences.

Anyway, this is another step in my attempts to stick QlownTown in the face of as many people as possible. Now you can go to my FB page, then from there to the QlownTown website; from there to the blog, and so on.  Once it's in newspapers, how many links do I list in the cartoon?

My initial goal, previously stated here, was to keep it simple. I now need to be clever or interesting in three places! And I suppose I need to blog more often now that more people may be reading it. In a perfect world, I'd draw a cartoon whenever I felt like it, blog whenever an idea hit me, and collect lots of money each time I did it.

But I can't complain. I had a great Christmas/New Year's season, and am now moved into my new office and almost all set up. I drew cartoons at my desk on a pullout side tray (instead of at the drawing table) for two weeks while the room was a mess. I didn't realize what a creature of habit I was till I had to work in what was basically a storage room. But this is nice now. Very nice.

We converted the old office, which has bookcases on two walls, into what we've named the Ben Franklin Memorial Reading Room. There's a small round table with an old fashioned lantern and two Windsor chairs in the center. It'll be mostly for show, because we have more rooms that we use on a regular basis, but I think I may use it occasionally to have a glass of wine and read about American history. And now, when lots of company comes to have dinner, I won't need to clean up my office!

No comments:

Post a Comment