The artist known as the guy who draws "QlownTown"

Sometimes this blog relates to the comic strip; more often, it's about whatever strikes my fancy on a given day. I do the strip daily, but only write the blog when I have something to say. Check out www.qlowntown.com or www.cafepress.com/qlowntown!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Problems

There have been no new Daily Cartoons sent out the last three days. This follows a couple of days of the site being partially down after someone hacked into the server. (Coincidentally, I had asked, several weeks ago, for a full copy of the site from my server provider, since a friend's site had disappeared completely after their server went down. I still haven't received my copy.)

I've emailed my provider for the past several days, but he hasn't replied. I tried calling him, but his answering machine picked up, so I couldn't talk to him. I was going to leave a message, but his mailbox was supposedly full, so I couldn't leave a message, either. I receive the daily emails along with all you members, and that's when I get to experience my own first-hand response to the strip. I pencil, ink, scan and color it, and at the end of that process, I can't always see objectively how it's turned out. But getting it in an email in the morning, I can gauge a more gut reaction, and say, "I should've done this differently" or I really like that detail" or, heaven forbid, "Oops. That wasn't as funny as I thought it was".

All this about the website problems is to explain that if anything else goes wrong, you were warned. I assumed (silly me) that when a website goes online, the server will provide a reasonable level of service. I hope that this will all get straightened out and you'll receive uninterrupted service from now on. Until then, I'm trying to come up with a funny cartoon about this. It doesn't seem very humorous right now, but maybe I can at least get a cartoon out of the frustration.

On the lighter side, this is a side benefit of drawing a comic strip. When something goes wrong, it can be fodder for a joke. An opportunity to make lemonade from lemons. Or mashed potatoes from potato heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment