The artist known as the guy who draws "QlownTown"

Sometimes this blog relates to the comic strip; more often, it's about whatever strikes my fancy on a given day. I do the strip daily, but only write the blog when I have something to say. Check out www.qlowntown.com or www.cafepress.com/qlowntown!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Overlap

I finished acting in a local play this weekend. Rehearsals, memorizing and set building consumed a lot of my time. And, of course, we had to go out for food and drinks after each show! The weekend's performances were well-received, but there generally follows a Monday letdown. This year, however, I have next week's trip to South Dakota to work on the Pine Ridge reservation to look forward to, so there's the excitement and anticipation of that to counteract any potential letdown. That, and the need to draw and prep more cartoons to make up for the lost week of very little drawing, scanning and coloring. I work several weeks ahead, but falling behind now will mean I'm behind several weeks down the line. So I don't have to worry about this week being a downer--just another exciting week. After a week where the play was the thing, it's nice to get back to concentrating on this bunch of clowns! (Not to imply that the actors and techies were a bunch of clowns--they also wore makeup, but they were all professional and skilled. Well, the actors wore makeup, not the technicians, except the women might have, but that would be normal makeup---never mind.)

Since several QlownTown subscribers who will also be going on the trip won't get to see next week's cartoons--there's no internet on the res--I'll print copies and post them daily on a bulletin board there for those who are used to reading them every morning (except for the last few days and some last week, as our server undergoes updating and repairs). It'll be fun to be physically posting these cartoons in real time, since they're usually posted electronically several weeks ahead and go out automatically with no control or effort on my part. Sometimes, someone will tell me in person that they liked that day's cartoon, and I have to ask them what it was; there's a slight disconnect between me and the current strip. Next week, I'll deal with my own cartoons in the same time frame as my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment