The artist known as the guy who draws "QlownTown"

Sometimes this blog relates to the comic strip; more often, it's about whatever strikes my fancy on a given day. I do the strip daily, but only write the blog when I have something to say. Check out www.qlowntown.com or www.cafepress.com/qlowntown!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring

It's sunny and 44 degrees outside, and there is now more ground than snow showing. I have started thinking about buying peat moss and driveway coating, raking and reseeding the lawn, and starting seedlings. I need an electric blanket to heat the seed flats. Whenever I've tried starting seeds without one, they get leggy or moldy and die. You'd think someone would have an old electric blanket I could buy or have, but no one has responded to my Facebook request. I guess Facebook can't provide all we need. It has reassured me that I actually have friends and am married, but some things you just have to hunt down elsewhere.

Like land. We are also thinking about moving, finding a piece of land and building a new house. In the past, I've always built or restored our houses myself, but now I'm too busy and we're old enough that my wife would like our house completed before we die, which I'm afraid means I have to trust others to do the bulk of the work. I may reserve a few projects like interior pocket shutters on the windows for myself, but the house realistically needs to be in move-in condition before we do move in. This is normal for most people, but for us it's new territory. My wife has been good enough to accept my taking on more than I can finish myself in the past; it's time for me to return the favor.

If I find that electric blanket, I'll try not to sew any rips or tears. That would be one more project.

No comments:

Post a Comment