The artist known as the guy who draws "QlownTown"

Sometimes this blog relates to the comic strip; more often, it's about whatever strikes my fancy on a given day. I do the strip daily, but only write the blog when I have something to say. Check out www.qlowntown.com or www.cafepress.com/qlowntown!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hot chocolate

I did today's cartoon about a Swiss chocolate army knife. Thinking about it as I brushed my teeth last night--an odd time to think about sugary foods, I admit--I thought, "I should've shown the marshmallows being toasted, too," then remembered that marshmallows aren't usually toasted before putting them in the mug. My next thought was, "Well, why not??"
 Of course, now it's summer, and who wants hot chocolate in hot weather? But there is a week's vacation in Maine coming up this summer, at which we'll be around a campfire one night, and I intend to introduce this drink to the family there. Is this as game-changing as blackening food or sushi were? No. But it's a cool concept.

I have, in my bulging file of recipes-to-try-that-I-may-never-get-to-because there-are-so-many, a recipe for Mayan hot chocolate, which includes red pepper. This is another variation I'll have to try, but it'll probably have to wait till winter. And another for cinnamon and ginger hot chocolate. And then there's one...well, the point is, I'm currently intrigued by the idea of toasted marshmallows in the drink. Now if I could only turn it into a recipe that would win the one million dollar grand prize in the Pillsbury Bake-off...

No comments:

Post a Comment