The artist known as the guy who draws "QlownTown"

Sometimes this blog relates to the comic strip; more often, it's about whatever strikes my fancy on a given day. I do the strip daily, but only write the blog when I have something to say. Check out www.qlowntown.com or www.cafepress.com/qlowntown!

Monday, July 27, 2009

Today is Take Your Pants for a Walk Day. (Of course, you know that if you've printed out the the July 2009 calendar from the FREE page at QlownTown.com.)

I don't know who comes up with these holidays. I may have to start one of my own. Maybe March 6th should be QlownTown Day. After all, that's the day QlownTown debuted, and it's in a month when people tend to be depressed and tired of winter (at least here in the Northeast), so a ridiculous holiday would fit well there. I don't know if I just announce it and it becomes so, or if there's a Holiday Clearing Board somewhere. I may just put it on the 2010 calendar and proclaim it to be official. The worst that could happen is that someone proclaims it Not QlownTown Day, but then that would imply that every other day was QlownTown Day, so it would work to my advantage anyway, wouldn't it?

I sent all the rest of the 2009 calendar months to my web guy to place on the FREE page of QlownTown. The 2010 calendar has been bumped to September (I'd planned to start printing it in August). The 2010 won't be free. The 2009 calendar has been, because the site, which was supposed to launch in late October 2008, was delayed by the bonehead who put the site together for me, and by the time it appeared, no one was looking to buy a 2009 calendar. I'd already laid out the pages, so I've been posting them for free. That was three or four full days of work down the tubes in terms of earning money off the calendar, but at least the response to the free pages has been positive--and maybe it'll push sales of next year's calendars. (Not-so-subtle plug)

If you have any suggestions for which cartoons should appear on the 2010 calendar (or suggestions for original cartoon ideas), send 'em to me at dsmith-weiss@qlowntown.com.

Now I'm going to walk my pants into the kitchen. It's lunchtime. It's always best to eat lunch with your pants on--especially if it's a hot lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment